Now we will discuss about types of welding machine. It’s help you to get more information about types of welding machine.
Find your best TIG welder for different jobs – our test or guide 2022:
Every professional welder knows that a high-quality TIG welder is indispensable for a clean weld and strong seams.
Therefore, even amateur welders should thoroughly inform themselves about the properties and product features before buying a TIG welder.
In doing so, you should know in advance which materials you want to weld and which functions are important to you in a TIG welder.
In our product comparison, we present 7 welding machines and go into more detail about their product features and the advantages and disadvantages of the device.
In addition, our guidebook provides you with a wealth of information on the various functions and setting options of TIG welders.
We explain which types of welding equipment are available and with which type of welding you will achieve the best results for your project.
In addition, we tell you whether Stiftung Warentest and Öko Test have conducted a TIG welder test.
Berlan BWIG180 TIG welder for continuously adjustable welding current.
The Berlan BWIG180 TIG welder is versatile and can weld conventional electrodes as well as TIG welding, which is possible due to the optionally available shielding gas.
The compact device is easy and handy to operate and is suitable for both professionals and amateur welders, which is due in no small part to its simple operation.
In addition to the attractive appearance, with the Berlan BWIG180 TIG welder you get a welder with good ignition properties due to the HF ignition.
You can adjust the welding current continuously between 20 and 180 amps. In addition, the compact design with carrying handle allows that
you can use the TIG welder mobile without any problems. A 16-amp mains fuse provides sufficient protection against overheating.
A hose package, welding shield and slag brush are also supplied with the TIG welder.
Technical data at a glance:
- Mains voltage: 230 volts/50 hertz
- Rated power: 3.7 kilovolt amperes
- 4 kilovolt amps at 60 percent ED
- Power factor: 0.93
- Mains fuse: 16 amps
- Protection class: IP21
- Gas type: Argon, CO2
- Open circuit voltage: 56 volts
- Welding current: 20 – 180 amps, DC
- Dimensions: approx. 371 x 155 x 295 millimeters
- Weight: approx. 12.3 kilograms
What is HF ignition?
This is usually used for TIG welding. HF is the abbreviation for high-frequency charge, which is ignited and bridges the non-conductive air.
It thus establishes contact between the tungsten electrode and the workpiece. High-frequency arc ignition prevents contamination of the molten pool and ensures longevity, as the tungsten electrode does not come into contact with the work piece.
Does the machine have a gas follow-up function?
When you stop welding, the Berlan BWIG180 TIG welder has a gas run-on function of approximately 2 seconds.
Can I weld aluminum with the Berlan BWIG180 TIG welder?
No, unfortunately not, because you can not use it for AC welding.
Is it possible to weld in 4-stroke with the unit?
You can only weld in two-stroke, but this works very well.
Can I connect another hose package to the device?
Yes, as long as it is compatible with the standard connections.
What are the two knobs for?
The knob on the left side is for current control and the one on the right side is for re-ignition during TIG welding.
IPOTOOLS IGBT MIG250 TIG welder – better welds through inverter technology.
This device of the IPOTOOLS brand promises better welded joints and good regulation during welding work due to inverter technology. You can use the welder on an input voltage of 230 volts and easily transport it due to its low weight of 15.6 kilograms. Here also shows the advantage of the carrying handle on the top. Also contributing to your mobility is the 3-meter hose package and the 2.5-meter electrode holder and ground clamp.
The MIG welder not only allows you to perform low-noise MIG welding. Rather, you can also use it for flux-cored welding, with or without gas. In addition, MMA-E manual welding is possible, which makes the IPOTOOLS MIG-250 TIG welder suitable for both beginners and professional welders. You can weld both thin and strong materials such as steel, aluminum and stainless steel in all positions. The inverter technology ensures clean seams as well as spatter-free and continuously adjustable welding.
Technical data at a glance:
- DC MIG/MAG and E-Hand possible
- Input voltage: 230 volts
- Frequency: 50/60 Hertz
- Degree of protection: IP21S
- Overvoltage protection – Cooling – Fan – Solenoid valve
- Welding current MIG: 30-250 amps/MMA: 20-200 amps
- Electrode diameter MMA: 1-4 millimeters
The manufacturer has paid particular attention to the efficient design of this welder, which should ensure a longer service life. Using the control panel on the front panel, you can control the Set parameters such as the wire feed speed or the power.
What is flux-cored welding?
With this method, you can make fine and consistent welds without further shielding gas. To do this, you only need to change the polarity of the gun and the ground cable to the negative pole.
Does the unit have a gas afterflow time?
Yes the IPOTOOLS IGBT MIG250WIG welder has a gas pre-flow time and a post-flow time. However, this is not adjustable.
How many amps are one stroke on the MMA scale?
For MMA welding, the scale starts at about 30 amps. Mig/Mag welding at about 14 volts.
What is the diameter of the welding wire roll?
MIG-250 inverter is suitable for a maximum of 5 kilograms of welding wire roll with a diameter of 20 centimeters.
Does the device have overheating protection?
Yes, it has an overheating protection.
STAHLWERK AC/DC TIG 200 ST IGBT TIG welder – welding with direct and alternating current
With the STAHLWERK AC/DC TIG 200 ST IGBT TIG welder, you can weld almost all metals such as aluminum in direct current and alternating current.
Thanks to the tungsten inert gas welding process, you control the arc, have a narrow welding zone and work without spatter. As a result, you will succeed in clean welds, benefiting from the ease of use, the pass behavior and the high blocking voltage.
The manufacturer has installed high-quality IGBT transistors in the TIG welder.The welder has an HF ignition , which makes the welding results reproducible, not least due to consistent welding parameters at the start.
. The gas advance and overtravel protect the tungsten electrode from wear and at the same time protect the weld from oxidation. You can regulate the arc width via the ARC Force spray arc.
You can select two-cycle or four-cycle welding via a switch. STAHLWERK AC/DC TIG 200 ST IGBT TIG welder is equipped with anti-stick function, which is to prevent the stick electrode from sticking.
TIG welder technical data:
- Output current: 10-200 amps
- Duty cycle: 60 percent at 200 amps
- Protection class: IP21S
- Mains voltage: 230 Volt , Mains frequency: 50/60 Hertz
- Mains fuse: 1 x 16 Amp
- Recommended input current: 28 amps
- Maximum connected load: 7.5 kilovolt amps
- Recommended generator output: 6.1 kilovolt amps
- Weight: 11.2 kilograms
Two high-speed fans provide ample cooling and overheating protection. The fan allows you to use the welder continuously and exploit the maximum power.
However, if the unit overloads in the process, the overheating protection kicks in and a pilot lamp lights up. You should always keep an eye on the indicator light.
Can I get this unit with an 8-meter hose package?
Currently, you can only get the total package with 4.5-meter hose package. A separate 8-meter hose package will be available soon. Unfortunately, an exchange with an additional charge is not possible.
What is the maximum electrode diameter I can weld?
In TIG mode, you cannot and should not use more than a 3.2-millimeter electrode at true 200 amps. In ARC / MMA mode, you can process 4-5 millimeter electrodes with 200 amps.
Can I optionally connect a foot pedal to regulate the welding current?
Unfortunately, the STAHLWERK AC/DC TIG 200 ST IGBT TIG welder is not compatible with a foot pedal. It should be possible in the future with newer models.
Does this STAHLWERK AC/DC TIG 200 ST IGBT TIG welder have DC and AC and can I weld stainless steel and aluminum with it?
This is an AC/DC unit, with which you can process steel, stainless steel, aluminum and also copper.
TIG welders for professionals and advanced welders
TIG welders deliver the cleanest work when welding. However, the technique involved in welding with a TIG welder is not easy to learn, which is why TIG welders are mainly used by professionals.
But hobbyists also like to try their hand at professional TIG welders to achieve clean results.Here, the quality of the weld is highly dependent on how good their skill is with the equipment.
To ensure that you are satisfied with your work in the end, we have taken a closer look at the features of TIG welders in our guide and go into more detail about the different welding processes.
What welding processes are there?
When welding, you can basically distinguish between two techniques, because welding is possible with both pressure and heat.
Therefore, a differentiation is made between the following welding techniques:
- pressure welding
- fusion joint welding
The latter involves working with temperatures of several 1,000 degrees Celsius, which can only be achieved by the arc of an electric welder.
These welding machines working with heat are often smaller and cheaper. In addition, they are easier to transport because they are so easy to handle.
Fusion joint welding is therefore the most commonly used method and is also very popular with professionals
What are the types of welding equipment?
In the trade you will find many types of welding equipment, all of which have different functions and are used in different areas. To help you choose the right one, we’ll go into more detail about the most commonly used welding equipment.
Electrode welders :
The most commonly used welding equipment is the electrode welder. Mostly, these devices are used especially in the construction industry and by craftsmen.
Electrode welders are also popular in mechanical engineering. This device creates temperatures of up to 5,000 degrees Celsius. In doing so, you can use it for numerous welding jobs. In electrode welding, you do not need a gas supply.
The arc builds up after a voltage is applied between the workpiece and the rod electrode. This electrode is built up during the welding work and is constantly tracked.
The sheath around the electrode also burns off and is used as material. The resulting gas cloud insulates the weld pool from the ambient air. The combustion produces slag, which contributes to cooling.
- Work possible in awkward positions
- Favorable welding process
- Easy to work
- Also suitable in windy conditions
- Can also be used for mild steel and stainless steel
- Ignition of the electrode on the workpiece is not very easy
- Welding process is relatively slow
- Electrodes must be changed regularly
- Due to the change must be restarted
MIG inert gas welding equipment :
With this method you can weld mild steel as well as stainless steel and aluminum. The so-called metal inert gas, or MIG for short, is used.
This shielding gas prevents a reaction with the work piece. This means that the electrode and the molten weld are isolated from the surrounding air.
You can prevent oxidation with this shielding gas welder. Several substances can be used as shielding gas, but mostly the equipment is used with CO2 or a mixture of argon and CO2. Therefore, the MIG shielding gas welders are also known as CO2 welders.
- Can be used without settling
- Better weld seam quality
- Consistent seam formation due to neutral shielding gas
- Relatively simple welding technique
- Processing of sensitive materials such as sheet metal possible
- Supply of shielding gas is required
- Not suitable in windy places
MAG inert gas welding equipment:
MAG shielding gas welders are mainly used for unalloyed or only low-alloyed metals. For example, you can use them to weld boiler steel, pipe steel or even construction steel.
MAG inert gas welders use metal active gas, which is a mixture of CO2, oxygen and argon. With these welders, you create a chemical reaction with the workpiece. This allows you to produce high quality welds.
- Usually a combination of MIG/MAG welding unit
- No slag is formed
- Numerous welding positions and techniques are feasible
- Not suitable for windy places
- Very expensive
- You have to supply shielding gas externally
TIG shielding gas welders
In our product comparison, we have presented some TIG welders. As mentioned earlier, the abbreviation TIG stands for tungsten inert gas.
TIG welders are so popular because with them, due to the high melting point, you spare the electrode and do not consume it.
With these welders, the welding wire is supplied externally. You can weld thin sheets with a TIG welder, both steel and stainless steel, copper and brass.
- Very good quality of welds
- The feeding of the welding wire can be manipulated
- Both AC welding and DC welding are possible
- High frequency ignition is safer
- Not suitable for windy places
- Technique is difficult to learn
- You have to use both hands
- This means you have to use a helmet instead of a welding shield
Flux-cored welding equipment
These welders use a self-protecting flux cored wire instead of shielding gas. The contract consists of gas formers and alloy additives.
It also has additives that stabilize the arc. Thus, when the cored wire burns, a shielding gas is automatically formed. This also protects the weld from oxidation.
There are also MIG/MAG welders that can be used with such a flux cored wire, but with a smaller width than with shielding gas.
- No shielding gas necessary
- Use of MIG/MAG with appropriate equipment
- Current can be adjusted
- Welds not always clean
- Limited power
- Limited formation of shielding gas
- No welding of thin sheets possible
Oxy fuel welding equipment:
You can use oxyacetylene welders especially for delicate metals or sheets up to eight millimeters because they do not generate excessive heat.
You can also weld aluminum, copper and brass if you also use flux. For oxyacetylene welders, you need two gas cylinders with fuel gas such as acetylene and oxygen, and no electricity is required.
During the welding process, the open flame of the torch encloses the molten metal, which means that there is no longer a supply of oxygen.
- Adjustable speed of the gas outflow
- No shielding gas and no current
- Work piece is only moderately heated
- Not suitable for sheets larger than 8 millimeters
- Slow welding
- Fluxes are not environmentally friendly
Then a TIG welder is suitable:
We have already highlighted the advantages of the TIG welder. To help you make a purchase decision, let’s take another closer look at the features of TIG welders that are particularly worth highlighting.
As already mentioned, these welders produce very clean seams, which are also very strong and durable. Before buying a welder, you should think about what kind of material you want to weld.
TIG welders are especially good for working on thin sheets of all types. If you plan to weld copper sheets, steel pipes, steel beams or even aluminum angles, you will be well advised to use a TIG welder.
Another good feature of TIG welders is that they produce hardly any fumes and welding spatter, which in turn protects your health
How do TIG welders work?
The various welding processes differ particularly with regard to the electrode. This consists of tungsten in the TIG welders and has the advantage that it does not melt off. With this type of welding, you have to add the filler metal yourself.
You can decide if you need this additive, but you should be aware that you need both hands to do this, so you can only work with a welding helmet instead of a welding shield.
Your TIG welder will usually come with a hose package that includes a control line, shielding gas supply line, and welding power line. Your unit may also need a water cooling system.
The shielding gas ensures that no oxidation occurs, which in turn could damage your weld. In TIG welding, you work with inert gases such as argon, helium, or a mixture of the two. These gases affect the welding process.
Most TIG welders let you choose between direct current and alternating current, and you connect the unit to the power source via the hose assembly.
Depending on the material you are working on, you can choose the appropriate type of current for better results. When welding with direct current, you also have the choice between positive and negative polarized electrode.
This type of welding is mostly used for materials such as stainless steel, mild steel, alloy steels and copper or brass. AC welding, on the other hand, is suitable for light metals such as aluminum or magnesium, as these have a hard oxide layer.
Applications of TIG welding equipment:
The devices are particularly known for producing very clean and fine welds. Therefore, they are also suitable for filigree work, such as that required on thin sheets.
With a TIG welder, you weld with pinpoint accuracy and do not run the risk of deforming the work piece. TIG welding produces less slag and welding spatter, which protects your health, as does the reduced development of fumes.
Especially in the construction industry, it is hard to imagine today without TIG welders, as they allow very high quality work on steel, pipes or railings.
In the aerospace industry, too, the good quality of weld seams is enormously important, which is why many companies rely on this type of welding.
This is another reason why professionals or advanced welders like to use the welding equipment. However, the high quality comes at the expense of speed.
What additional features do the TIG welders have?
In our product comparison, we have already presented some welders that, depending on the design, are equipped with special additional functions. These special functions facilitate the work and are intended to ensure better results.
For example, some welders are equipped with a working memory that stores the settings. Meanwhile, manufacturers have incorporated some product features that leave no technical wishes unfulfilled. One of these additional features is the pulse function.
This function is particularly popular with professional welders. The name is derived from the fact that the pulse function allows you to work with pulsating current during welding.
The current supply is divided into basic current and pulse current, and you have the option of setting the frequencies and pulse heights and widths of the two currents.
The setting is independent of each other. The pulse function allows you to better meter the heat input, which is particularly suitable if your material has gaps.
The pulsing function allows you to bridge these gaps without creating a hole. In addition, the pulsing current allows you to prevent defects from occurring at the beginning or end of a weld.
When welding with pulse function, you melt the surface, preventing it from melting through from the sheets. Especially for laymen in this field, this can be very beneficial.
This is what you should consider when buying a TIG welder.
Before you buy a TIG welder, you should think carefully about what requirements you have for the device.
Here you should know exactly what kind of materials you want to use and how, when and where your unit will be used. The following criteria should be included in your purchase decision:
- power: In most cases, the power is specified on the devices we present. You should make sure that the amperage is adapted to the electrodes used and that the device has the right power for your purposes. Here it is always advantageous to have several power levels to choose from.
- duty cycle: The duty cycle of some devices is limited because the electrodes and power supply heat up. So that your welder does not suffer damage, there is a so-called overheating protection and an indicator light glows when the device becomes too hot. Before you buy a TIG welder, you should find out about the maximum duty cycle. Also, the cooling period is of great importance if they do not want to wait so long to continue the welding process.
- Cooling: some TIG welders have built-in cooling, which ensures that longer duty cycles are possible for you. Often, fan-like blowers in the housing provide adequate cooling. Some units use shielding gas for cooling.
- operating voltage: Before buying a welder, you should also look at the operating voltage. For 230 volts AC, you need to fuse the power connection.
- accessories: some manufacturers offer their customers accessories in addition to the TIG welder, such as a welding shield, a welding helmet or a slag hammer. Optionally, you can often purchase additional hose packages or foot pedals.
- price: the price of a TIG welder can vary greatly depending on the function, equipment and performance. Before buying, you should make sure that the unit is of high quality workmanship and performs well. Welding equipment can produce shoddy and inferior results if you cut corners.
Welding is a dangerous job if you don’t take the necessary safety precautions. You are exposed to the following hazards when welding:
- Very high heat
- Flying sparks
- High UV radiation
- Extreme brightness
It is important that you adequately protect yourself during the welding process and acquire professional equipment. This includes leather gloves, which provide sufficient protection from flying sparks and the intense heat. To protect the body, you should also tie a leather apron. Special welding helmets provide sufficient protection against sparks, heat and especially the extreme
Brightness. The helmets are equipped with a certain window of vision that protects your eyes from injury.
In addition, you should put on hearing protection when working. To escape the effects of fumes, your work place should be adequately ventilated.
When TIG welding, you should prefer the welding helmet with the darkened protective glass visor over the welding shield.
With most TIG welders, you need both hands to operate them anyway, which makes holding a shield impossible.
Make sure your work area is tidy. Tripping hazards can result in serious accidents, and flying sparks can easily start fires.
Prepare the work piece for welding
You should not underestimate the preparatory work on the work piece when welding. You can have a TIG welder, no matter how professional it is, but your welds will still be messy if oxides, tickers or flammables are involved.
Therefore, it is important that you prepare the workpiece. Here, you should first remove all oils and greases. After that, you also need to remove rust and paint residues.
To prevent residues from remaining in the process, you should grind the work piece. This will ensure that you have not overlooked any contamination.
In the normal welding process, it is customary to first make connections in the form of spots and then draw the weld. Between these two operations, you should remove the slag that has formed.
What is the purpose of the electrode?
The electrode is used to supply and remove the electric current during the welding process.
What are inert gases?
These gases are also called shielding gases and are used in some welding processes. They have the advantage that they do not react with the workpiece. The most commonly used inert gas is argon.
What are the advantages of shielding gases?
The shielding gas prevents the molten weld metal from reacting with oxygen and nitrogen. It surrounds the electrode and protects it during the welding process.
What is an inverter welder?
This type of welder makes it possible for you to use alternating current or three-phase current and convert it into current with constant, electronically controlled voltage. These devices are not only light and handy, but also promise a high efficiency.
How much does a TIG welder cost?
You will find these welders in a very wide price range. Depending on the function and performance with which the welder is equipped, you can expect to pay several dollar.
The price also depends on the accessories that you need in addition to the device. Before you buy a TIG welder, you should know exactly what requirements you have for the device and what material you intend to process with it.
Based on this, you can then pick out the offer that suits your needs and compare prices.
Where to buy TIG welders?
On the one hand, you can purchase TIG welding equipment from specialized dealers or directly from the manufacturer.
Here you have the advantage that you receive individual advice from a specialist and can look at the equipment directly on site. Various DIY stores also offer TIG welding equipment and also always have offers in their assortment.
The disadvantage here, however, is clearly the limited selection, which also limits you in terms of prices.
You should inform yourself about the welding equipment in advance and then you can pick out the right model for you. We have presented some of the most common models offered via Amazon in our product comparison and have gone into technical features, special functions, as well as advantages and disadvantages.
Which manufacturers of TIG welders are there?
Among the best-known manufacturers of these welders are, for example, Stahlwerk, Rehm and Carmon. However, it is precisely in the case of TIG welders that numerous manufacturers, whose name is not immediately known, also have high-quality products in stock
. Here, you should rather pay attention to what functions are important to you and what performance the welder should provide. Only when you have listed the exact requirements and know what materials you want to process, you should go in search of suitable welding equipment, regardless of the manufacturer.
Is there a TIG welder test by Stiftung Warentest?
Currently, there is no TIG welding equipment test by Stiftung Warentest. Nevertheless, it can be worthwhile to visit the website once and inform yourself about the topic of welding equipment. Interesting and informative articles appear at Stiftung Warentest time and again.
If Stiftung Warentest deals with the topic of TIG welding equipment and chooses a test winner, we will inform you about it here. It can
worthwhile to regularly visit the consumer organization’s website to look for test reports for equipment or services.
Is there a TIG welding equipment test from Öko Test?
Unfortunately, we could not find a TIG welding equipment test from Öko Test either. Despite this, you can still find valuable guides and test reports from the consumer magazine and use them to your advantage. We will of course inform you when a TIG welding equipment test is published by Öko Test.
Frequently asked questions
- what types of welders are there?
- how do TIG welders work?
- what are the additional functions of TIG welders?
- what are inert gases?
- what is the advantage of inert gases?
- what is an inverter welder?
- how much does a TIG welder cost?
- where to buy TIG welders?
- is there a TIG welder
Welding equipment: test & recommendations (10/20)
Welcome to our big welder test 2020, where we present you all the welders we tested in detail. We have compiled detailed background information and also added a summary of customer reviews on the web.
With this, we want to make your purchase decision easier and help you find the best welding machine for you.
You will also find answers to frequently asked questions in our guide. If available, we also offer you interesting test videos. Furthermore, you will also find some important information on this page, which you should definitely pay attention to, if you want to buy a welding machine.
The most important in a nutshell
Welding equipment allows you to independently carry out repairs on various materials, realize projects that require the welding of workpieces and remove rust, for example, on the car.
Basically, there are five different welding methods, oxyacetylene, arc, shielded arc, TIG and ultrasonic welding. Depending on the welding method, different types of material and work piece thickness can be processed with the welding machine.
It is important to note which welding power is suitable for beginners and which can only be handled as a professional and that you protect yourself, for example, with a suitable welding helmet.
Welding machine test: Favorites of the editors
The best welding machine for beginners
The best welding set
The best welding machine with shielding gas
The best lightweight welder
The best oxyacetylene welder
The best welder for beginners
The Ferm “WEM1042” electrode welder, despite its light weight and compact size, offers a powerful torch that is easy to use.
It is especially a good choice for the beginner and amateur welder. Due to its nature, it is best suited for use in the open space, even in the rain
The best welding machine with shielding gas
The Berlan “BWIG180” electrode TIG welder, despite its light weight and compact size, offers a powerful torch that is easy to use.
It combines two welding processes in one unit, saving the need to purchase two different units. In addition, it takes up little space compared to larger industrial units.
Inverter welder test
Construction and repair work is almost impossible to imagine without a welding machine. This indispensable tool allows you to cut and weld different types of metals.
There are several types of welding machines, but inverter welding machines are the most popular. They combine mobility, efficiency and ergonomics.
Inverter welders are powerful, so they are ideal for various types of work. These welders have automatic control and can perform high-quality DC welding. Moreover, inverter welders are the best option for working with ferrous and non-ferrous metals as they have a wide welding current range.
Other advantages of welding inverters include ease of use, mobility, the presence of a stable arc, as well as all kinds of technologies that improve the work with the device, protect the user and contribute to the excellent results.
best inverter welders test
STAHLWERK ARC 200 MD IGBT Inverter Welder Test
What is an inverter welder? The inverter welder is powerful, lightweight and it is suitable for beginners and professionals.
STAHLWERK ARC 200 MD IGBT inverter welder with 200 amps for MMA and ARC electric hand welding is very popular because it is compact and handy. This device with the MMA / E-hand welding can be used in almost all conditions
Its weight is only 2.5 kg and its dimensions are 29 x 18 x 18 cm. The inverter gas shielded welder can weld low and high alloy steels, nickel-based and copper alloys.
The scope of delivery includes a welder with the carrying strap, a ground cable (2 meters long) and a cable with electrode holder (2 meters).
This device is a bestseller because it offers many extras that make the work convenient and safe.
– Advanced IGBT technology provides high blocking voltage, making the inverter powerful, durable and robust.
– An overheat protection function turns the unit off when it is overloaded.
– Cooling is provided by a powerful fan. This fan promotes maximum power and increases a duty cycle of the welder.
– An ARC Force function allows you to regulate the arc length.
– A Hot Start function warms the start of the weld and increases the voltage at startup for better welding results.
– An Anti Stick function prevents the electrode from sticking.
– It is lightweight and portable.
– It has a good price-performance ratio.
– It offers excellent welding quality.
– The housing is sturdy and reliable.
– The ignition process is very smooth.
– The welding current is very adjustable.
– There are no dropouts and no spatter.
– It can weld various metals.
– The cooling system works perfectly.
– The protection class is IP21.
– The control panel is clear and ergonomic.
– The welding cable is too short.
– The STAHLWERK ARC 200 MD IGBT inverter welder can be very noisy.
GYS 160 P electrode inverter welder test
This inverter welder from GYS is innovative because it offers very high arc dynamics.
This microprocessor controlled inverter offers the welding power from 10 A to 160 A. With this device, amateur DIY welders and advanced welders can weld various metals such as cast iron, steel and stainless steel. Therefore, you can perform various works of different complexity and achieve perfect seams.
The weight of this electrode welder inverter is 4.2 kg and its dimensions are 17 x 27 x 11 cm.
The scope of delivery includes a GYS 160 P manual electric welding inverter, a ground clamp with 1.6 m cable, an electrode holder with 2 m cable, a carrying strap and a hard case.
The inverter welder is packed with different technologies.
– PROTEC400 technology protects against overvoltage, undervoltage and mains voltage fluctuations. It increases the working time and service life.
– A Hot Start function improves ignition performance when starting work.
– An Arc Force function stabilizes the arc during operation.
– An anti-stick function eliminates electrode sticking.
– Air cooling protects the unit from overheating and extends operating time.
– It has a compact design, therefore it is mobile and lightweight.
– The handling of the welding machine is very simple.
– The price-performance ratio is good.
– It has a low power consumption.
– The inverter is finely adjustable.
– It is generator compatible (6 Kw generator ±15%).
– It works well with the electrodes with diameter from 1.6 mm to 4 mm.
– It has a stable arc.
– The welding machine has good ignition characteristics.
– There is a potentiometer with easy to read scale.
– The GZS inverter welder is insensitive to current and arc fluctuations.
MIG-250 MIG MAG Inverter Welder Test
This sturdy inverter welding machine from Ipotools combines functionality, excellent quality and a reasonable price. It has MIG / MAG, MMA E-hand welding methods and shows good results in professional and hobby welding.
The power is 250 A and the input voltage is 230 V. Therefore, you can perform the work of different complexity and weld different metals such as aluminum, steel and stainless steel.
The weight of MIG 250 is 15.6 kg and the size is 410 x 310 x 215 mm.
The scope of delivery includes a MIG hose package, an electrode holder of 2.5 m, a ground clamp of 2.5 m, 2 current nozzles and an English instruction manual.
This inverter gas shielded welder has various functions:
– Inverter technology provides good welds and high performance.
– A fan provides good cooling and protects against overheating.
– A hot start function makes it easier to start work and gives extra welding current at the moment the metal contacts the electrode.
– An anti-stick function lowers the welding current and voltage to the “0” mark when the electrode sticks.
– The inverter shielding gas welder is compact and portable.
– A price-performance ratio is top.
– It has a good quality of workmanship.
– There is the stepless adjustment of the welding current.
– The wire feed is very good.
– Parameter setting is easy and fast.
– Various functions (hot start and anti-stick) make the welding process convenient and safe.
– There is no German instruction manual.
– The hose package and ground cable are relatively short.
– There is no manual wire feed button.
– The welding gun is not of very good quality.
WELDINGER E 181 eco: Electrode welding inverter test
Weldinger’s ME200eco has perfect functionality, 200 A output, 230 V input voltage. It is light, compact and welds neatly.
This welding machine is easy to operate, so the beginners can use it easily. Meanwhile, the electrode welder inverter is not cheaply processed, so you can do various household tasks.
The welder weighs only 10 kg and its size is 22 x 43 x 37 cm.
Accessories include a welder ME 200eco, a cleanly processed MAG torch, a ground cable (4 m long), an electrode cable (4 m long), a gas hose, a comprehensive instruction manual and a CD.
The features of the inverter welder include
– A Hot Start function boosts the output voltage during welding and facilitates arc ignition.
– An Arc Force function increases the output current when the arc becomes too short.
– An Anti Stick function reduces the welding current when an electrode sticks.
– A built-in fan provides long duty cycle.
– It is light and handy.
– The workmanship is very good.
– This device is fine adjustable.
– There is the low slugging on the weld.
– The instruction manual is helpful.
– The electrode holder is stable.
– The penetration is very uniform.
– The connections are long.
– The power can be adjusted continuously.
– Steel, stainless steel, aluminum du galvanized metal can be welded.
– The hose assembly is stiff.
– The power switch is located at the back. It is uncomfortable.